Monday, June 8, 2015

Resource Updates and a Quote

Dear Readers,

Hello! I am currently drafting and revising another poem. This one will be about the way my migraine auras alter my perception of reality, so stay tuned for that. I am also writing this post to tell  you that I just posted a couple of new resources for chronic pain patients. I found some awesome online tools to help chronic pain patients keep track of their symptoms, including a device by which patients can create “maps” of their pain, and I wanted to share these resources with you. Of course, you may find the new resources in the resource page of this blog, as well as in the previous blog post.

I would also like to leave you today with a quote I recently stumbled upon by Bob Dylan: “Behind every beautiful thing, there's some kind of pain.”

I think this is a quote that could be interpreted many ways, like most quotes. For me, this quote means that everyone in the world must endure pain, but also that pain can make something beautiful. I’m not denying that pain is hard to bear and is often very ugly, I simply think that pain is what so often pushes people to be better persons than they think they can be. For instance, chronic pain may inspire someone to a life of advocacy or help someone find inner strength he or she may not know he or she has. I have certainly seen this in my life, and I find it strangely comforting to think about how the most beautiful things are often products of pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment