Wednesday, June 24, 2015

PowerPoint for Educating Others

Dear Readers,

Hello! I recently combined some research and my own knowledge into a PowerPoint that others can use as an introduction to chronic pain. I have great news about it...a couple professors in the education department at my university have agreed to add it to units in their classes about diversity! The PowerPoint is meant as a way to introduce chronic pain, address some misconceptions about it, and discuss societal biases about it with people who have not heard much about chronic pain previously. Still, I thought it might interest some of you. Feel free to use it for educational purposes if you wish.

Also, I created a collage of advertisements and memes representing biases that people in chronic pain face on page six of the powerpoint. If anyone is interested, you may find the PowerPoint linked below.

Link: http://www.slideshare.net/leahalsaker/chronic-pain-49794274

If anyone has other ideas about ways to educate others about chronic pain, please comment on this blog (or contact me).


No comments:

Post a Comment