Saturday, January 10, 2015

Under Construction

Dear Blog Readers,

Greetings! This blog is currently under construction. Please be patient with me, as this is my first attempt at blogging.

For those of you who are wondering about this blog, this blog will be a community where people with chronic pain can submit and share any writing about their pain. This could include poetry, creative nonfiction, or any other relevant kind of writing. I will post the submissions I receive
through e-mail on this blog. As a chronic pain patient myself, I feel that writing about my pain helps me better understand and cope with my pain, so I decided to create this blog. This blog is part of an honors independent study project. As an honors student at South Dakota State University, I am required to design and complete an independent study. I have chosen to study the possible link between writing and coping with chronic pain. Later, this blog will have submission guidelines, writing by myself and others, links to useful resources for those with chronic pain, and a brief survey that is relevant to my project.

I realize that this post does not completely explain my honors independent study project or this blog. Please be patient, as I will be posting more thorough explanations as I continue to work on my project.

I am not accepting literature submissions yet, but please remember to keep checking this blog for updates as I continue to design it and write submission guidelines.

Thank you, and I hope to see you back again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment