Monday, March 2, 2015

New Poem-Bean Bag Toss

Beanbag Toss
By: Blog Admin

I stride forward and toss
a denim beanbag, savoring the thud
it makes as it hits the wood one inch
 away from the hole on the board.

A laser beam of sun hits me,
sending splinters of pain between my eyes.
My fingers wander to massage the spot,
but I halt them and twirl my hair instead.


Another beanbag flies from my fingers.
Another thud hits my ears.
Another breath leaves my lungs.

Something slides from my fingers,
 and I gaze at my third bean bag,
lying in the grass beneath my feet.

I start to bend my knees. The pain pulses in response.
I try to bend at my waist. The pain blazes.

A blur of motion, and my dad
snatches the beanbag and hands it by me.

I bounce it in my hand, test its weight,

and fling it towards the target.

No comments:

Post a Comment